School Website Help
- How can I customise my new website?
- Examples of school website sections and pages...
- How can I speed up development of my
- After the site is completed, how do
I get it 'online'? Will I have to pay to have it 'hosted'?
- You mention "photo galleries".
Won't this slow the site down and use up all my webspace?
- If I choose your maintenance option,
how long will I have to wait each time for a request to be implemented?
- What happens at the end of the maintenance
1. How can I customise my new website?
* You may choose from a selection of Sidebar
* You can choose what sections you want, therefore customise your
selection of links on the sidebar.
* You can pick any colours you want to use from our Colour
* Or you can mail us a sketch of exactly how you want the site to look !
2. Examples of school website sections
||Typical Number of Pages
|Activities Gallery||1 - 8|
|Children's Work||1 - 8|
|Curriculum||1 - 15|
|Games||1 - 4|
|Learning Resources||1 - 3||
||Typical Number of Pages
|Local Area Info||1|
|Newsletter||1 - 6|
|OFSTED & SATs||1|
|Prospectus||1 - 4|
|PTA & FOSA||1|
|School Tour||1 - 3|
|Special Events||1 - 4|
3. How can I speed up development
of my new website?
* By supplying to us in digital form any content you want
on the site - in other words, by email, or on digital storage media
such as CD or floppy disk.
* By requesting that certain paper-only copies of text documents
are scanned in rather than typed up.
* Please be aware that having us type up an entire prospectus (for
example) by hand will prolong the development process.
4. After the site is completed, how do I get it 'online'?
Will I have to pay to have it 'hosted'?
* We will 'upload' the entire contents of your site to the relevant
web server at no extra cost, so you do not need to worry about this.
* You will not have to pay to have your site hosted, as your local
Council provides free space on its web servers.
5. You mention "photo galleries". Won't
this slow the site down and use up all my webspace?
* Photo galleries, if not implemented correctly, will indeed slow
down your website. We will ensure this is not the case by resizing
and 'compressing' your photos appropriately so they are quick to
view online. You may see examples of photo galleries by following
one of the links from here.
* At the time of writing, your local Council - on its own web servers
- provides schools with unlimited webspace.
6. If I choose your maintenance option, how long
will I have to wait each time for a request to be implemented?
* This will depend on your request. As a general rule though, you
can expect changes to be made within three days. We will acknowledge
receipt of your request the instant we receive it, and if we expect
it to take longer, we will provide you with suitable feedback.
7. What happens at the end of the
* You own your website and are free to make any changes you wish.
* You may optionally choose to continue with School Creations, in which case you would
agree to pay the 'going rate' for a new maintenance contract at that time.